- Description of the Application: Alarm Wars Application is a gamification of the alarm clock. Alarm Wars Application users set the time an alarm should go off but it is their Facebook friends, that are also registered with the Application, that get to choose the sound of the alarm.
Sound choosers (attackers) may select one of the default sounds or record their own (up to 5 seconds). CWA bears no liability on the content of the recorded sounds of the users. Users should not engage in unlawful recordings.
Each attack is based on a bomb type that describes the attack. Each attack has a cost of Alarm Wars coins.
Attacks cost Alarm Wars coins to the attackers and, normally, Alarm Wars energy to the recipients of the attack. If recipients are fast enough to stop (repel) the attack the moment or during it sounds, their Alarm Wars energy is unaffected. Users that are left with no energy cannot start an attack nor can they repel an attack. During nights the Alarm Wars server automatically gives away a few free Alarm Wars coins and some energy boost to all users just to spark things up.
Users can attack their friends-users with the Insta-bomb. Insta-bombs, in contrast to all other bombs that require the recipient of the attack to explicitly set an alarm to receive the attack, set almost immediately the alarm off of the attack recipient. The option to receive Insta-bomb attacks remains with each Alarm Wars user with a simple on/off setting. Insta-bombs are designed by CWA not to override the sound muting function of the attack recipients' devices, provided this function is on. CWA bears no liability, as Insta-bomb attacks are concerned, in case the devices' sound muting function fails to operate.
In all, Alarm Wars is all about socialising and having fun with friends in the face of the dreaded common alarm clock. Events such as the installation of the Application, award of a badge, buying bombs or coins and weekly anonymised stats are posted on users' Facebook wall. Nevertheless, in case users do not wish to have their Alarm Wars actions posted on their Facebook wall, there is a setting that disables this feature.
All users can utilise the in-app purchase function of the Application to top-up their Alarm Wars coins in order to mount more elaborate and fun attacks. In-app purchases take place through Google Play and Google Wallet. CWA does not get any financial information/data of the users purchasing Alarm Wars coins.
Alarm Wars comes into two options: the Free and the Pro. All users initially start with the Free version and have the option to upgrade to Pro. Users of the Pro version, in contrast to the Free, have access to more attack types, more free coins & energy every night, the ability to dispatch spies that can, usually, identify the attackers of their pending attacks as well as get more coins in each coin pack purchased through in-app purchases. On top, Pro users also earn a Pro badge.
- Information legally provided by Google Inc. Particularly, when installing the Application, users are asked by Google to agree on the Application having access to users' information. The information accessed by the Application may refer to (a) in-app purchases (allows the user to make purchases from within the Application), (b) identity (uses one or more of accounts on the device, profile data), (c) photos/media/files (uses one or more of files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage, (d) camera/microphone (uses one or more of camera/cameras/microphone/microphones).
- Information legally provided by Facebook. When installing the Application, users are asked by Facebook to agree on the Application having access to users' information such as users' friend list and Facebook public profile information.
- Information concerning users' usage of the Application (such as attack records, achievement records and the likes).
A user may have his/her Application account deleted by contacting CWA at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deletion of a user's Application account refers to future usage of the Application while some information created (such as Facebook wall posts) prior to the deletion of the Application account may not be removed. CWA may also maintain other information about deleted Application accounts for reasons of management and design of the Application.
The Website may use "cookies", which are small text files that are stored on computers or equipments when visiting certain online pages that record preferences and actions.
- Intellectual Property Rights: The Application and Website are designed, owned and operated by CWA and are protected by relevant copyright and trademark laws. Users may not copy, reproduce, transmit, or distribute in any way, any material from the Application and the Website, without the prior written consent of CWA.
Third parties' intellectual property rights are independently protected by relevant laws and regulations.
- The Website may provide links to other third-party websites or resources. CWA has no control over such sites and resources and thus is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
- CWA does not bear liability in case the Application and/or Website are not working properly due to reasons and circumstances beyond the control of CWA (such as fire, flood, computer breakdown or problems with a telephone line) which prevent or impede functionality of the Application and/or Website, despite reasonable precautions taken by CWA.
Last update on October 21st, 2014